Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Easy Icicle Decorating

icecycles on bookshelves

First of all, I had to spell check the word icicle.  It just doesn't look right to me.  That's probably because I live in Florida and I just don't see that word a lot.

Secondly, since we don't get that chilly outside or inside, and my little cowgirl wanted a winter wonderland in her bedroom, we had to find something to make this happen.

The craft stores carry sheets of white felt with glitter during the holidays.  I simply made a template of a row of icicles and we cut them out.  Lotsa' them.  I then hot glued them to construction paper and affixed the paper to the underside of the shelf.  I used double sided tape to do this part.

Just in case you are curious, we added snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and icicle lights too. 

post signature


No comments: