Thursday, October 30, 2008

jesse tree rules

Rules for the exchange:





  1. Choose an ornament you would like. Remember, you'll be making 25 of the same ornament, so make it somewhat doable.

  2. Email me so I can put your name beside the ornament list below.

  3. Ask a friend to join you. Someone at church, a neighbor, family member, etc. Have them do #'s 1 and 2.

  4. Meeting place and time will be announced.

  5. On the day of the exchange, simply bring your 25 ornaments (all the same one) in a basket.

  6. Have each ornament individually wrapped in a baggie with a label stating what it is and what day it is for. This is a great help during the month of December and putting them away afterwards.
  7. Ornaments need to be no smaller then 1 1/2 " and no larger then 4 1/2".

Questions you may have:

1. How do I make the ornaments? Are there directions? No. You have creative license. Feel free to have your children help make them. Just remember that many families will use these for years to come, so make them durable and presentable. Some ideas may include felt, foam, clay that hardens, embroidery work, wooden disks, small toys outfitted to be an ornament, shrinky dinks etc.

2. Can I get 2 complete sets - one for me and one for a friend or neighbor? Yes. If you sign up to make 2 different ornaments (25 of each ornament), then you can pick up 2 sets!

2 comments:

For Such A Time As This said...

My name is Shelby McLemore. I heard about your exchange from Angela Sackett. Our family would love to participate if that is ok. I will mail our completed ornaments to Angela and she will bring them the day of the exchange. We would like to do the Bethleham star and the globe. I'm sorry that I don't have your e-mail address to send you a personal e-mail. Could you please let me know that you received this message? smmclemore@comcast.net

Shelby McLemore

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

I'm so sorry Shelby! I did not see your comment here until today. Maybe you could get a group of ladies in Naples to do an exchange next year. I'm going to post pictures of the ornaments for examples. I really am sorry I didn't see this earlier.
-Brenda