Sunday, November 2, 2008

About me

Our 2008 Christmas card photo
courtesy of Loving Legacy Photography


{{the history}}

I started blogging in December 2008 by accident. I was organizing a Jesse Tree ornament exchange and I wanted to have a place to communicate with the ladies that were involved about our exchange. After the exchange, I had a collection of beautiful handmade ornaments. I wanted to share this tradition with others along with how we incorporated the tradition of the Jesse Tree into our Christmas. I posted almost every day in December about Christmas books that we read, crafts and recipes that we made, and devotions that went along with our 25 ornaments.

{{the growth}}

Well I was hooked, because after the new year I moved over to Tie That Binds Us and I continued blogging about our family traditions and our homeschool. Shortly after meeting other homeschool mom bloggers, I saw the need for homeschool moms to be able to connect online and began an online homeschool community, Our Lifestyle of Learning. As of November 2009 we have 800 members and we are still growing strong.

{{the plunge}}

In February, I brought together a group of homeschool moms to write for a homeschool curriculum review blog to better facilitate the need to hear about the pros and cons of curriculum. The focus of the site is to have real moms reviewing curricula that they choose because of their philosophy of homeschooling and how it pans out for them. Curriculum Choice is a group blog with 14 full time writers. The moms are amazing and I am so thankful to be a part of this particular group of outstanding homeschool families.

{{the skinny}}

I do all this in my free time. I have a passion for connecting people together and I just don't quit.

During "business hours" I'm a homeschooling mother to five children. They are my pride and joy.

During "after hours" I am a devoted wife.

My husband is my rock and the Lord is my savior.

Always learning,

post signature

No comments: